Working from home...…...
Like most of us I’m working from home, it can be a blessing in disguise…. no more getting stuck in the morning traffic just a short stroll to the kitchen table. But it can be hard not to get into bad habits and make you be less productive.
I’m going to share some tips that are working for me:
- Routine, try and start work the same time as usual, keeping to your normal routine as much as possible. Ensure that you set a clear finish time as it is very easy to carry on and keep working.
- Get dressed, it may seem tempting to get out of bed and start work in your pj’s, but it might not make you be in the right mind set (and what if a video call came in??)
- Set up a Work Area, put a desk in a spare bedroom or dining room. This makes it easier to separate your home and work time. It makes members of your household understand that you are working and respect your need to be productive.
- Keep talking to managers and co-workers, this helps you to remain focused. Meetings can be done face to face using Skype or Facetime.
- Take breaks, tempting as it may be to grab a quick coffee or sandwich and sit at your computer, take your break away from your desk ….. you’ll feel so much more refreshed.